Frank J. Loeffler, Jr. ,P.E.
Over forty seven years of diversified engineering and management experience in the design and construction of conveyors, related machinery and materials handling systems. Industry experience includes: Aggregates, Aluminum, Steel, Mining, Sulfur, Cement, Coal, CoGeneration, Fertilizer, Grain, Minerals Processing, Petroleum Coke, Port Facilities, Power, Pulp & Paper, Recycling, Waste Handling, Concrete Block & Brick, Bagging & Palletizing, etc.
The related equipment includes: Shiploaders & Ship Unloaders, Barge Loaders & Barge Unloaders, Stacking & Reclaim Machines, Mobile Crushing and Screening Plants, Rotary Rail Car Dumpers, Rail Car Loading Systems, Belt Conveyors, Steep Angle Conveyors, Pipe Conveyors, Bucket Elevators, Screw Conveyors, Drag Conveyors, Dust Collectors, Fire Protection, Sampling Systems, etc.
Twenty years of this experience has also included Forensic Engineering for cases involving: Antitrust, Conveyor Fires & Explosions, Conveyor Guarding, Materials Handling Systems Safety Inspections, Patent Infringement, Personal Injury, Product Liability, Real Estate Asset Appraisal, and Restraint of Trade.
- 1966 Certificate Machine Design ( 4 years evening division), Newark College of Engineering ( Now NJIT)
- 1973 B.S. Mechanical Engineering ( 8 years evening division), Newark College of Engineering ( Now NJIT)
- MBA Courses, Fairleigh Dickenson University
- Oil from Tar Sands, Continuing Education
- Bin Flow, Jenike & Johansen, Continuing Education
- Effective Public Speaking, Continuing Education
- Engineers & Surveyors Role as an Expert Witness in Civil Litigation, Steensland Center
- Pi Tau Sigma - National Mechanical Engineering Honor Fraternity
- CEMA, Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association, First Technical Member, 2nd Vice Chair Safety Committee
- ASME, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Past Chairman Materials Handling Engineering Div.
- ASME, Committee B20.1 Safety Standards for Conveyors and Related Equipment ( Chairman)
- ASME, Houston Materials Handling Society ( Technical Sub-Committee of ASME)
- SME, American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers, Inc.
Professional Engineering ( PE)
- New Jersey
- North Caroline
Specializing in Conveyors and Materials Handling Systems
- 1991-Present President, Loeffler Engineering Group
- 1996-1997 Vice President Engineering, Texmarc Conveyor Company
- 1989-1991 Regional Manager, Robins Engineers & Constructors / O&K
- 1988-1989 Marketing Manager, ORBA Corporation
- 1986-1988 Regional Sales Manager, Jervis B. Webb Company
- 1984-1986 Manager Sales & Estimating, Plains Machinery Company
- 1983-1984 Manager Engineered Systems Estimating, Continental Conveyor Co.
- 1973-1983 Regional Manager, Robins Engineers & Constructors
- 1973-1973 Staff Engineer Materials Handling, Willis & Paul Company
- 1972-1973 Project Engineer, Continental Grain Company
- 1966-1972 Design & Systems Engineer, Hewitt Robins
- 1964-1965 U.S. Army, Honorable Discharge
- 1962-1966 Draftsman Westinghouse Electric & Chief Draftsman, Bergen Machine & Tool
Authored or Coauthored and Invited Presentations
- Bulk Sampling at Navajo Mine, Coal Age Magazine 1972
- Automatic Sampling Systems, Catalog & Design Manual 1972
- High Tonnage Blending of Raw Materials, SME #MS75657 1975
- Belt Conveyor Drives for the Cement Industry, IEEE 1977
- Shiftable and Overland Conveyors, ASME Bed Blending of Fossil Fuels, Coal Technology Conference Unit & Bulk Materials Handling, ASME Editor and Conference Chairman Shiftable & Overland Conveyors, Skillings Mining Review December 1980
- Quality Improvements via Coal Blending, Coal Mining & Processing Magazine Pipe Conveyor Systems, Houston Materials Handling Society ASME The Advent & Advantages of Pipe Conveyor Systems, MOTEG – South Stockpile Blending of Fossil Fuels, Houston Materials Handling Society ASME Pipe/Tube Conveyors – A Modern Method of Coal & Ash Transportation, Power Gen 95 1995
- Pipe/Tube Conveyors – A Modern Method of Transporting Bulk Materials, Bulk Solids Handling December 2000
- Steep Angle Conveying, Houston Materials Handling Society ASME May 2001
- Conveyor Safety, Houston Materials Handling Society ASME February 2007
- Conveyor Safety, Loesche 10th Annual Discussion of the Round Table Symposium November 2007
- Petroleum Coke Handling & Storage, Foster Wheeler Training Program for Cosmo Oil Co., Ltd. March 2008
- Petroleum Coke Dewatering and Crushing System, Houston Materials Handling Society ASME June 2012
Manager Engineered Schedule of Fees
Retainer Fee-----------------$2000.00 To be paid in advance --To be applied to the last invoice
Testimony--------------------$250.00 Per Hour
Deposition-------------------$250.00 Per Hour
Travel------------------------Lodgings,Meals, Airfare,car rental,milage At cost. ( $.60 per mile )
Travel ( working)-------------$250.00 Per Hour
Non-Testimonial--------------$250.00 Per Hour